Zip's wants the equipment we produce to have a finish that will last. So we have developed an environmentally safe painting process that is unique to the towing industry.
Our competitive edge is making each tow truck the best it can be using state of the art equipment, professional mechanics, and talented paint & body technicians.
- First we sandblast the body down to bare metal in order to start with the cleanest base possible.
- After that, a phosphatized zinc primer is applied.
- Next, pinholes revealed by sandblasting are rewelded, corners are sealed, and body imperfections are addressed.
- Then comes the two-part epoxy primer applied in two coats to a thickness of four mils followed by a filling primer.
- The finish coats are of high quality PPG products designed to color match and last.